March 22, 2012

Peanut butter banana bites from heaven. Or Pinterest.

My roommate said something extremely offensive the other day.

"I'm just not crazy about peanut butter and chocolate."

I asked her to repeat herself. I surely must have heard that wrong? I then remembered she drenches her Chipotle in sour cream to the point that it's a soup-like consistency and drowns everything in ketchup so I immediately dismissed the comment. This is funny because you are now probably picturing her very sloth-like and perhaps obese, when in actuality she is a stick. Stickle, as we like to call it. That should be copyrighted.

As a peanut butter/chocolate fanatic myself, I generally assume the rest of society is as obsessed with the combo as I am. Just as I assume everyone shares the same passion for Jersey Shore and other quality television.
el oh el.

In any case, this is an extremely advanced recipe. Not sure if average town folk like yourselves will be able to handle it. But just try to comprehend this complicated list of ingredients because these little suckers are worth it.

Peanut Butter Banana Bites

Ingredients
2 large bananas (that's what she said)
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips
2 tbl milk

1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Slice bananas into coins about 1/2 inch thick.

2. Spread a dollop of peanut butter on top of each. Don't even think about using the healthy shit. Jiff all the way, baby.


3. In a small bowl, combine the chocolate chips and milk. Microwave in 30 second increments until you can whisk them together. Wanna know something messed up? I don't even own a whisk. And here I am telling you to use one.

4. Using a fork, dip the bites into the chocolate. Or you can be like me and drop a spoonful of chocolate onto each until it runs down the side. This may be interpreted as lazy, but I like to think of it as efficient. Place the coated bites onto your prepared baking sheet.

5. Place in the freezer for a couple hours, or until completely frozen. Remove bites from the sheet and place in a freezer container. What is a freezer container you ask? A container you place in the freezer. It seemed right to dub it 'a freezer container'.


There is one issue with these. They are way too easy to eat. Which in turn makes it way too hard to pass by the freezer without snagging one. I'm pretty sure I've eaten four in the amount of time it has taken me to write this.

1 comment: