May 1, 2012

That's Pinteresting.

It has come to my attention that most dudes are confused by Pinterest.

They think it is pointless, nothing more than an accumulation of useless photos. But it's so much more than that! Don't you see?! It's a place for us to waste countless hours of our lives shuffling through cheesy photoshopped "inspiration". A magical place that displays an excessive amount of flawless bodies that women can pin and label as "motivation" while sitting on their asses. I prefer to call it "self esteem lowerer," because I'm much more likely to indulge in the peanut butter chocolate chip cake conveniently posted next to these photos rather than a workout sesh. Pinterest is a place that allows us to store time intensive recipes that we will never, ever look at again. Oh and don't forget the fact that it is a database overflowing with life skills, teaching us indispensable things like how to turn an oatmeal box into a ribbon holder, or those 100 ways you didn't know you could use your ice cube tray. Why don't you understand it??

Jokes aside, I'm actually a hardcore Pinterester. Completely giddy over it, really. I eventually become so overwhelmed with the crafting possibilities that I am practically paralyzed and don't end up doing anything because holy shit it's already midnight? Where did the last 4 hours go...? No but seriously...

Last Sunday Pinterest was actually put to use, though. I made some rose cookies I've been eyeing for a while. No, I don't have a wedding shower or ladies brunch to attend. But my life is full of sophistication so I thought these would be appropriate.


The best part is that despite their beauty, they really aren't difficult to make. I would even put them in the easy category. A category I coincidentally place many of my friends. JAY KAY -_-

Rose cookies are really cool for when you are trying to impress people with your femininity, or when you don't have a million hours to dedicate to decorating with royal icing. Honestly, it takes roughly one million hours. It's cutting into my TV time. I can certainly ice cookies in front of the television, but it's not the same watching The Voice with your head down. You miss all kinds of important shit, like Christina Aguilera getting on stage in a bodysuit that is 5 sizes too small. What?

Speaking of the The Voice, I have come to realize the only reason I watch that show is to stare at Adam Levine and Christina Aguilera. Adam, because he is insanely good looking. Christina, because I cannot get over how trashy she looks. AMIRITE?

Something tells me Christina would appreciate these cookies, because they are made with buttercream. Oh, and they are super classy, just like her. #oppositeday.


I made regular sugar cookies and piped stiff vanilla buttercream frosting using a 1M star tip. This is really the best buttercream recipe because it doesn't use Crisco or egg whites. Shortening is seriously sick and egg whites make us sick, so you should really be stoked about this recipe.


Vanilla Buttercream Frosting


Ingredients
3 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream

In a standing mixer fitted with a whisk, mix sugar and butter. Mix on low speed until well blended and then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.

Add vanilla and cream and continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute more, adding cream if needed for spreading consistency.


Sidenote: Something that in my opinion is not Pinteresting? Pictures of nails gripping nail polish bottles. Over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment